Domestic Property – Home Owners & Landlords

Government legislation has been put in place to ensure the safety of home owners and occupiers of privately rented properties. If you are planning to extend or alter the electrical installation in your home, regardless of how big or small the job is, even an additional ceiling light or one extra wall socket behind the TV for instance, you are required to use an Approved Electrical Installer.

To view legal documentation – please use the links below to download the documents in PDF format.

Bathroom Safety »
Electrical Safety »
Home Hazards »
Kitchen Safety »

When Selling Your Property or planning To Let a new or existing property, you are required to produce Certification to show that the electrical installation complies with BS7671 Before you will be able to Let Your Property or Complete Your Sale.

Some Insurance Company’s require a copy of the Electrical Installation & Inspection & Testing Certificates before providing your insurance cover, this applies especially when Letting your property out.

Brightsparkz can complete all the required Domestic Inspection & Testing and provide you with Recommendation & Certification in order for your property to be Legally Approved for Sale or Let.

Brightsparkz range of Domestic Electrical Installation include:

  • Installations in accordance with BS7671 – 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
  • New Builds & Extensions
  • Rewires – Full/Partial
  • New Consumer Units
  • Electric Shower Circuits
  • External Buildings – Garage, Workshop…etc…
  • Emergency Lighting
  • Smoke Alarms
  • Additional Internal Lighting
  • External Lighting
  • Additional Sockets
  • Inspection & Testing